Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
batchfeed cover: magnetic vs non magnetic?

Posted by homeimprovementmom (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 20, 13 at 15:29

I am interested in a batchfeed garbage disposal and curious about why someone would chose a magnetic cover vs non magnetic? FRANKE has a non magnetic cover and Insinkerator has a magnetic. Are the parts on both all stainless steel?

which do you have a prefer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: batchfeed cover: magnetic vs non magnetic?

I have a Waste King batch feed with a non-magnetic cover. The cover turns on the disposal by fitting into a notch in the disposal drain when you push down the cover. I prefer it because it is so defined. The magnetic ones seem to need more fiddling with the cover to "catch" the magnet.

o

Is the Insinkerator cover control plus a magnetic cover?
the Franke? I have chosen the Barclay fireclay apron front sink and I am wondering which batchfeed will work the best with this sink. anyone have a Barclay sink and a batchfeed garbage disposal? Did you need an extension?

o

I just checked the Franke 3/4 hp batch feed (#FWD75B) user manual from the Franke website. According to the instructions on page 7, it looks to be non-magnetic. You can look up the Insinkerator's manual yourself.

I don't know about the Barclay sink. I recall some threads regarding some brands' fireclay sinks that needed a longer flange due to the thickness of the fireclay. Others don't. Anyway, these flanges are easily found. Of greater concern with a fireclay sink is that you don't over-tighten on the disposal cause you could get crazing.

Why don't you read other threads on the topic of fireclay sinks and disposals on the Kitchens Forum?
Search results for threads about fireclay sinks and disposals

Franke Batch Feed User Manual

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here