Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boone_2009

Appliance installation

boone_2009
10 years ago

I had posted some weeks ago regarding which professional should install appliances but I didn't bookmark my post and now I don't know if I posted here or on the Kitchen forum and cannot retrieve that short thread. So I am posting again - sorry for the redundancy.

We bought our appliances from Pacific Sales ( Southern CA) and they gave us a list of independent appliance installers. The general contractor whose name they recommended as our first go-to on that list, now says he has hurt his back and cannot come this week as scheduled. So we went back to the list and there's a certified plumber who says he can do the installation.

We need to install double wall ovens ( electric), a gas cooktop, a dishwasher and a garbage disposer and also connect our sink/faucet/ and install a soap dispenser and the air gap next to the faucet.

Should we have the plumber/installer do everything except the wall ovens - and hire our electrician to install those? Plumber does gas cooktops, too.

I remember on my previous thread, everyone recommended using a general contractor. Our cabinets and countertops were installed by Lowes but since we didn't purchase our appliances from them, we have to get our own installer.

Please advise. Thanks!

Comments (6)