Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have Heartland fridge?

Posted by JBGB (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 12, 12 at 15:09

I'm starting a separate thread with this question that I first posted in my general "Please comment on first try at appliances" thread, hoping to get some specific feedback. Does anyone have info on quality of Heartland fridges? I saw their counter-depth French-door Classic model on AJ Madison website, but lots of Googling yields precious little in the way of reviews (none on AJM). Any input would be welcome!

Here is a link that might be useful: Heartland CD FD fridge at AJ Madison

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have Heartland fridge?

It is essentially a Whirlpool Gold french door fridge with Heartland adding the antique styling.

You pay about a 50% premium for the "body kit."

I prefer Samsung to Whirlpool for non built-in fridges but these are not bad fridges. I just don't think the quality and engineering justify their price tags.

If you think the looks justify the premium because it blends perfectly in the style of your kitchen go for it.

o

I'm considering the Heartland 30" refrigerator for my very small kitchen. I just called Heartland and they said that the fridge is a KitchenAid. Does anyone else have more information than that? It looks like a beautiful fridge but I'm worried about reliability.

o

Whirlpool=Kitchenaid=Jennair=Kenmore It's all the same underneath. The first 3 are the same company and the build a good deal of the latter's products,

o

It is similar to having a car with a custom body with unique luxury touches being designed around a mass produced big 3 chassis and mechanicals. Once you move off the basic mass model things get very expensive very quickly but to the buyer involved, who gets what is being expressed by the designer, that is acceptable.

o

I was hoping to hear from someone who has one. Anyone?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here