Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2700 watt electric element vs 3000 watt

Posted by loves2read (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 28, 12 at 14:53

I have tried to find info on the difference in actual cooking benefits between electric smooth top range with a burner that has top of 2700 vs one with 3000...Is the difference something that actually matters in a big way to anyone using the lower burner or would only a purist really feel the lack.
Anyone have a reference site or experience with using ranges that have the two levels of heating capacity?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2700 watt electric element vs 3000 watt

3 100w lite bulbs' difference.

I don't think you'll notice it.

o
RE: 2700 watt electric element vs 3000 watt

Weedmeister, Nicely stated.

It's not a big difference with real cooking results.
If my math and conversion is correct.
2700w = 9212 BTU
3000w = 10236 BTU
This is assuming you are getting a full 240 volts. The BTU difference will be less with lower voltage.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here