Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
twincreeks_gw

help!!! have no clue!...vah vs. best for wolf36df

TWINCREEKS
12 years ago

Hello!

This is last minute...any advice will be greatly appreciated! :)

New build, should have decided appliance picks "yesterday" - cannot decide what would be best ventilation system for WOLF 36 DF (4 burners w/ griddle in middle) I do not anticipate to have all burners plus griddle at the same time. The quieter the better, I will have custom cabinetry mantel style hood made to hide the vent/exhaust system. Being told 600 cfm, and then 900 cfm. Being told BEST is the best and that VAH is the best. Not too concerned with cleaning the baffles or Magic Lung, although it would be nice if it was easy. Aesthetics a big factor, but don't want a house fire either. I know recommendation is to at least go 36 inch wide and 22 deep. Ideally I am told 42 wide is best. I would like to use VAH that is 19 deep, but don't want to make wrong choice. Unit will be vented out through the least amount of turns in ducting to side of house. (this will go through back of kitchen wall to laundry and straight out to side garage. Obviously pricing a factor too, but I have accounted for this expense when I decided to go this route with a Wolf. Any advice? Please help! Thanks so much! :)

Comments (5)