Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
To-do before using Wolf Rangetop for first time?

Posted by derekjwentz (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 12 at 14:34

I seem to recall running across a post about 6 months ago that there's a few things that a person should do before using their Wolf Rangetop for the first time to prevent discoloration of the burners.

I've searched the site, and can't seem to find anything.

Is there any advice (outside of the cleaning/seasoning that's mentioned in the Wolf instructions) that should be done first?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: To-do before using Wolf Rangetop for first time?

Is it an all gas or a dual fuel? Griddle, grill, or all regular burners?

I called Wolf when I first got mine (DF, 6 burner, no grill or griddle), and to my memory, there was nothing special to do before first using the rangetop.

I think I remember there was something recommended for the oven--running it at a specific temp for a specific time.

I also recall that when I called to ask this question, they had me verify the serial number and made sure I and my range was in their system.

I'd call them to verify. Enjoy your new range!

o

It's an all gas range top with griddle - I thought that I remembered from somewhere that people were doing something to prevent discoloration, but I can't remember what it was...

o

Oh, yes I know the surface material is different on the AG.

cat_mom has posted a lot about care of the AG top, a search for her posts might turn up something.

Also, this thread may be useful in general for care of the Wolf AG top:

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg1119433818264.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here