Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
portable or counter top dishwashers

Posted by maisoui1 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 4, 13 at 14:28

Hi all. I have a dishwasher in our kitchen but I tend to have large parties and could use an additional dishwasher. I would prefer to avoid a remodel just to fit in an extra dishwasher so I thought I would go with a portable one that I could bring out to use the 3-4 times per year that we have large events. I figure I could put it in the laundry room near the kitchen during the party and have it going if necessary to make sure we don't run out of glasses and plates etc. Quiet operations are important. Any recommendations?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: portable or counter top dishwashers

These are all loud.

If looking at 24" there are Whirlpool and GE made models.(Technically Miele Professional is portable but those are $5-$6K)

GE is louder and more repair prone.

I would go with Maytag Jetclean Plus Series MDC4809PA.

If looking at 18" there is Frigidaire and obscure rebranded European dishwashers.

I would go with Frigidaire FFPD1821M. Technically this is 20.5" wide but still a narrower smaller model

If you are not a single lady with a cat on disability I would skip the countertop models.

o
RE: portable or counter top dishwashers

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking I would go with a 24 inch as I'm assuming that will allow me to fit more items at a time. I have space where I could put it when I needed to use it. It's just that it would take a remodel including a redesign to get a built in one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here