Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thermador - 1300 cfm external blower

Posted by tnom (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 4, 12 at 13:52

I am remodelling my kitchen. Bought thermadaor
36 inch Professional Series Rangetop PCG366G
Also installed
42 inch Professional Series Low Profile Island Hood HPIN42HS with external 1300 cfm blower.

But when i turn it on, it does not feel that it is blowing to its full power.
When we were buiying this powerful blower, the sales person told us, it is so powerful that it will suck up all air from the house, so we had to install a air dampner to replace suxked air with fresh air.

Does anybody have any experience with thermador 1300 cfm blower?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thermador - 1300 cfm external blower

I had a similar feeling with my Independent 1400cfm external blower.

The actual cfm rating will depend on how long the ducting run is and how many turns it takes.

I put up the 15 page instruction manual to the baffle filters on max power and blower sucked the manual right up to the filters. It hangs there indefinetly without my hand supporting it.

I thought there would be more sound and fury but probably a good thing that there is not.

o

That is the problem, My 1 page also did not get sucked by the blower. that is why I am concerned.
I had the thermador person come and check my installation and he said everything looks fine, but he could not confirm that blower is working to its full potential.

o

In my small bathroom I have 100 cfm bathroom ventilator. It can suck up 1 page.

That is a definete problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here