Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Buying appliances online (websites)

Posted by RoxySD (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 3, 11 at 13:49

I've been scouring the internet in hopes of finding Labor Day savings for our kitchen appliances and so far, nada. But just in case I'm missing some sites, I thought it would be helpful to have a list of appliance shopping websites. Please post any you know, for good prices or price comparisons.

www.ajmadison.com

www.appliancesconnection.com

www.abesofmaine.com

www.homeandstone.com

www.sears.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Buying appliances online (websites)

There's also www.number1direct.com but I've read horrible reviews on them so even though they have some great prices, it doesn't appear to be worth the trouble!

o

I found good prices at www.usappliance.com, they offer free shipping and no tax (unless you happen to live in the state they are).

o

I was thinking of using www.homeclick.com for major appliances. Most purchases get free delivery and no sales tax.

o

It is important to understand that the customer must be meticulous and prompt in discovering and reporting shipping damage. Once the time limit window closes on claims regarding carrier liability (even if it's not really their fault), the number of happy smiling personages on the other end of your phone line will abruptly decrease.

o

www.hhgregg.com

o

i bought a whole bunch of stuff from plessers.com best prices by far.

o

Most online sites are selling appliances at cost or close to it. Then they are paying the shipping costs. Everyday is a holiday sale.

Depending on what state you live in hhgregg is offering deals on the commodity brands in their new markets.

Brands like Sub-Z , AGA and Viking don't allow their products to go on sale.

What brands are you looking for? Based on what brands your interested in, someone will point out who has a great deal for you.

o

Hi ash2011, I have a few appliances left to purchase:

*Sharp Micro Drawer 24" KB6524PS
*GE Advantium PSB1201NSS
*an inlay baffle hood, don't know what to get. Getting a 36" Bluestar RCS.

o

My local appliance store was competitive with online prices and that includes taxes,delivery (40 miles)and installation. I can't say the same about flooring stores and I ended up buying flooring online with great success. But I would always prefer buying locally.

o

Beaniebakes,

Can you explain how your local appliance store was competitive in price in regards to sales tax? I'm in the market for kitchen appliances and I'm considering buying online but if there's a way to match prices including sales tax I would definitely purchase local. Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here