Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
36" gas range - Frigidaire or Kenmore Elite?

Posted by hiigl1 (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 18, 13 at 13:21

They're both about $2k and I can't find any other 36" for that price. Would anyone recommend one or the other? They look pretty simlar. The Kenmore has good reviews on Sears site except for a few scary negative reviews about gas knobs turning on too easily... I can't find a lot of info about the frigidaire...

All comments appreciated - thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 36" gas range - Frigidaire or Kenmore Elite?

Neither. They are a POS same/same range with different labels. If you're in that price range, downgrade to a 30" and go with a NXR.

o

What range are you presently using?
Why 36" preference?
If you buy at Sears you are likely going to be tied to their service organization.
Have you or people you know in your area had any recent experience using it? Ask around first before you buy.
If you get your present appliances worked on by people in that business you can trust, ask their advice.
30" range selections provide a much wider choice.
If you buy a range with electronics and oven self clean, don't use the self clean or line the oven bottom with aluminum foil trying to keep it clean.

o

There is a Verona 36" dual fuel range. Not a lot of reviews out there. It is around $2200.

There is also an all gas Bertazzoni for $3000 and there is a promotion for a free hood right now.

I am trying to decide between those two brands. Good luck!

o

Can't speak to the Kenmore Elire range, but I had a 36" Kenmore Elite cooktop that I replaced with a Wolf 36" range, and the Kenmore Elite cooktop was at least as good if not better than the Wolf cooking surface.

The design was sleek, the controls were easy see and easy to use, the burners came in a great range of sizes for different pots and pans (plus the 3-ring burner), it was easy to clean and totally reliable (although I only used it for 2-3 years before we remodeled).

o

I don't have first-hand knowledge of either range, but I found reviews of the Frigidaire, and they are mostly good (linked below).

As a side note, one of the negative reviews has to do with the stainless steel showing rust. This is almost always the result of someone using steel wool to clean stainless steel. The steel wool leaves microscopic particles that rust, and people mistake that for the stainless steel rusting. So whether it's your SS sink or your SS stove top, never use steel wool to clean stainless steel.

Here is a link that might be useful: 36-inch Frigidaire gas range reviews

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here