Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drtom77

New model Electrolux Icon Wall Oven

drtom77
15 years ago

Has anyone seen the new model Electrolux Icon Professional series double wall oven? (model E30EW85GPS) Any noticeable changes from the previous model?

Comments (8)

• evengirl
    15 years ago

Based on the info I have seen, the main points are the "Multi-Option Cooking with Temperature Probe" and the "CustomConvect3" Convection System. However, I am concerned that when I contact Electrolux (both Electrolux and ICON have the same number going to the same person), the rep says that the regular Electrolux has more features than the ICON. However, she just reads them to me. I have called several times, and I have asked specifically about the baking features, and I am still told about the written features. The ICON has the nice glass panel and the three glide racks vs. the "normal" oven door and two glides racks on the Electrolux. I do like the look of the ICON Pro, yet I don't want to not have features of the regular Electrolux if they are significant (yet I cannot seem to find specific issues).

• ichearts
    15 years ago

What perfect timing for this posting. I just returned from PC Richards where, almost 3 months ago, I purchased the Electrolux E30EW85EPS Icon Professional 30" Double Wall Oven. I held off on delivery awaiting cabinets. They called last week, would deliver my oven today. They called yesterday to inform us that model is no longer available! I called Electrolux in GA yesterday and they confirmed the model no longer is available (however it is still listed on their website..go figure) but it has been replaced by the newer, more features, Model E30EW85GPS. They said it is exactly the same just more features. I noted that the newer model comes w/a meat probe and more features than the discontinued model I originally ordered. Due to PC Richard's error, we have now ordered the newer model (more money) which they/Electrolux will absorb so I feel it's a win/win situation for us. The new oven arrives tomorrow!!!

• infohound2006
    15 years ago

The main change I've noticed from their website is that the new Electrolux Icon E30EW85GPS models have (6) *six* gliding racks, and 2 standard racks.

Are there any significant differences between the Professional and the Designer series, (besides the shape of the handle)? We've just decided on the Electrolux Icon series, but haven't gone to the next level of detail :-). Our ovens will be near the Samsung french door fridge, so the curved handles on the Designer series might be better, though it's a different sort of handle.

Here is a link that might be useful: Electrolux E30EW85GPS Icon Professional Double Oven

• theanimala
    15 years ago

Going through this same exercise, I am wondering if anyone has any updates on the differences of these two ovens, minus the extra easy close rails and more stainless steel. My wife is leaning towards the Icon for appearance reasons but I am hoping that there is more than that for $500 more.

• 59 Dodge
    15 years ago

Sorry, I can't help you with the newer models. I bought the Electrolux Icon Convection oven and have been using it for 2 years now. Trouble free. Door front is very cool (temp and looks wise) we love the easy ball bearing glide out racks, and it has the cobalt interior and no flaking from it, etc. So I add this, just to give you our experience with the reliability of them. We also have the speed oven and that is our most used cooking appliance.
    Like the other oven, completely trouble free.
    We just bought the Electrolux Icon Full induction 30" cooktop. That thing is a blast to use, easy to clean up, etc , so It will give the speed oven some competition as to which we use most.
    Good luck on your new selections!!

Gary

• try_hard
    15 years ago

I installed an Electrolux wall oven into my new home last year. I recently wrote a quick opinion of it after one year's use. See below for a link to the thread.

Good luck!
    try_hard

Here is a link that might be useful: Try_Hard's appliances, one year later

• karle13
    10 years ago

I also ordered the new designer icon double wall oven! We are doing a total kitchen renovation and they appliances are still a month away from going in! Would love to hear feedback on the oven!!

• pber2025
    10 years ago

Newer model is probably also because they moved production from Montreal to the U.S.. easier for them to upgrade the models at the same time.