Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
opinion on used Uline refrigerator drawers?

Posted by scrappy25 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 24, 12 at 12:02

Someone local is offering a pristine appearing undercounter refrigerator drawer set with stainless fronts for $260. It looks and functions well but it was taken out of a high end house that was hit with a power surge that killed many appliances. This fridge also displayed errors and would not work after the surge but when removed (already replaced by insurance) and replugged seemed to boot up and work fine now. The new price is probably $1800. Is this unit worth taking a risk on? Seems to keep and hold the temperature, can verify with a thermometer laser gun. If you could use it in your kitchen is it worth a $260 risk? If not, at what price is the risk worth taking?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: opinion on used Uline refrigerator drawers?

I decided to pass on it since it's not outdoor rated and I wanted it for my screened porch. If anyone wants it email me within the next week and I can give you the contact number for the seller.

o
RE: opinion on used Uline refrigerator drawers?

U-lines look nice I have one upstairs in our wetbar, paid $1k for it. Right after the 2-3 yr warranty went out so did the fridge, cost $300 to get it fixed. When I put in an outdoor bbq island I put in two $100 each stainless looking fridges. I figured even if I had to buy new fridges every couple years I would be way ahead. Six years later the cheapo fridges still running strong.

I think you made a wise choice, especially for an outdoor fridge just get a cheap one and consider them expendable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here