Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Final picks help: Electrolux v. KA cooktop and fridge

Posted by arich69 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 27, 13 at 11:49

Thanks to all the insights from this forum I am comfortable with my DW and wall oven choices (for new build home). They are:

SHX68TL5UC Bosch 24" Dishwasher - Stainless - 3rd Upper Rack - 44 dBA Sound
EI30EW45JS - Electrolux 30" Built In Double Oven - 2 Glide Out Racks

I know a lot of folks here are proponents of getting the best app for the job but DH says he can't live with all different brands in the kitchen. He says it will look like a clown circus ;) Other than that he really leaves it up to me so I've narrowed it down to KA or Lux for a french door fridge and 36" cooktop.

KA considerations -
fridge model KBFS25EWMS - I'm ok with the look and feel. It doesn't overly impress but it seem fine. I am somewhat concerned about condensation issues but willing to take my chances. There is option for internal water dispenser which my family is in favor of. I don't want external anymore. With rebates and price differential we can save close to $1000 which I can definitely put to good use elsewhere.

Lux considerations -
fridge model EI27BS16JS - I am crushing a bit on the look at feel. It seems solid. I like the easily removable glass shelves but no option for internal dispenser. I feel like it is harder to find thorough reviews of Lux apps which makes me think they aren't so prevalent which makes me worry about ease or repair/replacement parts. Someone on this board can set me right I'm sure.

Why no thoughts on cooktop? They look different certainly but both have similar burner profiles, grates, knobs, etc. At this point I almost feel like cooktop is along for the ride based on the fridge choice. Maybe that's wrong, perhaps it should be the other way around? Help?? :)

Any thoughts, considerations, experiences would be most helpful especially from the guys that seem to know so much about repair/durability. I can't recall their screen names right now but I think they are rock stars on this forum especially when it comes down to helping all us novices get good value out of our investment.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Final picks help: Electrolux v. KA cooktop and fridge

I think you should challenge your husband to find pictures of a Sub Zero/Wolf kitchen with a Sub Zero or Wolf dishwasher. Or a kitchen with Bluestar, Capital, Lacanche, etc. etc. etc. cooking equipment that has matching dishwashers or refrigeration. ;-)

o
RE: Final picks help: Electrolux v. KA cooktop and fridge

Scratch the KA option. The cooktop was ok but the french door fridge not so much.

After two hours at Ferguson last night I feel I'll be happier with the lux french door fridge with no dispenser. This means cooktop options now are:
36" Electrolux and
36" Bosch 800 series

Both look nice to me and are comparably priced so no help there. Burner config is pretty close too though the Bosch basically has three mid-range rather than a low simmer but I'm good with that.

Anyone have experience with or knowledge of reliability/durability of either or both?

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here