Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arich69

Final picks help: Electrolux v. KA cooktop and fridge

Thanks to all the insights from this forum I am comfortable with my DW and wall oven choices (for new build home). They are:

SHX68TL5UC Bosch 24" Dishwasher - Stainless - 3rd Upper Rack - 44 dBA Sound
EI30EW45JS - Electrolux 30" Built In Double Oven - 2 Glide Out Racks

I know a lot of folks here are proponents of getting the best app for the job but DH says he can't live with all different brands in the kitchen. He says it will look like a clown circus ;) Other than that he really leaves it up to me so I've narrowed it down to KA or Lux for a french door fridge and 36" cooktop.

KA considerations -
fridge model KBFS25EWMS - I'm ok with the look and feel. It doesn't overly impress but it seem fine. I am somewhat concerned about condensation issues but willing to take my chances. There is option for internal water dispenser which my family is in favor of. I don't want external anymore. With rebates and price differential we can save close to $1000 which I can definitely put to good use elsewhere.

Lux considerations -
fridge model EI27BS16JS - I am crushing a bit on the look at feel. It seems solid. I like the easily removable glass shelves but no option for internal dispenser. I feel like it is harder to find thorough reviews of Lux apps which makes me think they aren't so prevalent which makes me worry about ease or repair/replacement parts. Someone on this board can set me right I'm sure.

Why no thoughts on cooktop? They look different certainly but both have similar burner profiles, grates, knobs, etc. At this point I almost feel like cooktop is along for the ride based on the fridge choice. Maybe that's wrong, perhaps it should be the other way around? Help?? :)

Any thoughts, considerations, experiences would be most helpful especially from the guys that seem to know so much about repair/durability. I can't recall their screen names right now but I think they are rock stars on this forum especially when it comes down to helping all us novices get good value out of our investment.

Comments (2)