Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele Optima vs Asko dishwasher

Posted by ilovecat1 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 24, 12 at 11:40

I have to choose between two discontinued model dishwashers with little to no use on them. One is the Asko D3251 for $350. The other is Miele Optima G2432 sci for $850. Looking for guidance from anyone who has had experience with these models. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele Optima vs Asko dishwasher

I've had the Miele Optima since 2006. It has been trouble free, cleans well and is quiet. We love the cutlery tray on top, and in fact that is why I bought it, as I had never heard of Miele, before and I had not (in 2006) discovered Garden Web Yet.

I highly recommend it!

Gary

o

loading flexibility and quality can't be beat on the miele.

o

Miele has on-board water softner while Asko does not.

If you have moderately hard water to hard water you should not even consider Asko.

Even with soft water,I still give Miele the edge due to build quality. And Optima has the cuterly tray.Most people that use it love it. I do.

Asko has or will soon start manufacturing all their European made appliances in Slovenia. Closing or closed production in Sweeden. Miele is made in Germany. Future parts will definetly be made in Slovenia.

o

I've used a Gorenje (sp.?) dryer made in Slovenia - if it was any indication, the Slovenians build some pretty nice stuff.

o

Thanks so much. Miele it is! Your responses were such a great resource.

o

The Optima for $850 is a great deal. I have the model below it, the Diamante Plus, for 2 years and love it.
But over the past few years I have seen some threads on here about people having issues with the Optima. Below is one that I found. Just be sure you get an extended warranty just in case.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg0321294626358.html?20

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here