Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dana2777

Need help w/ Miele oven choices - speed and steam

Dana2777
10 years ago

Hi -
I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel and am stuck on which wall ovens to install:

1. Initial plan was to do a Miele 30" wall oven with a microwave drawer underneath

and then I started reading this wonderful forum and discovered steam and speed ovens, so the new plan became:

2. Miele 24" speed oven with 30" wall oven
OR
3. Miele 24" speed oven with Miele 24" combi steam oven

Considerations:
-My cabinet choices are completed - I have room for a 30" oven if needed. Not worried about the lost space putting a 24" oven in a 30" cabinet box as I have plenty of counter area. Wiring is already completed so I can put any other above combinations in easily. Not planning on selling anytime soon (but if I did, someone else could easily put in a 30" oven in the current set up)

-I am single, enjoy cooking and looking forward to cooking more - but don't really make a lot of "big" dishes - maybe a lasagna or casserole every now and then. I also love seafood/vegetables which is why the steam oven was so appealing

-Don't have room for a microwave anywhere else and didn't want one on the counter - also don't want to give up the microwave function of a quick reheat which is why I liked the speed oven

-Last consideration - felt like the 24" ovens would heat up quicker and use less energy - I am trying to be as green as possible...trying, trying, trying.

So final questions:
-Is installing both the 24" speed and combi steam ovens just silly? Does anyone have both AND use both?

-Anyone regret not having a 30" oven who installed a 24" (wish they made a 30" combi steam....)

Comments (9)