Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
not_sure

Single Wall Ovens: Dacor Renaissance vs Wolf E-Series?

Not_Sure
9 years ago

Trying to decide between these two 30" single ovens -- Dacor Renaissance and Wolf E-Series.

Any thoughts or advice?

It seems that, at least a few years ago, there were some frequent reliability issues with Dacor. Have those largely been resolved now?

And, at least the previous generation E-series seemed to have problems with blue porcelain chipping. Does anyone know if those have been resolved on the "new" E's that started rolling out in the last 18 months?

Finally, any other options we should consider? Are we missing any important considerations?

Comments (6)

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

Wolf wall ovens are to be avoided at this point. The porcelain issues do not seem to have been fixed, and it's not even clear whether they will be fixed with the upcoming M series.

As for Dacor, I will say they are more service-friendly than most high end brands out there. Open access to parts and technical info. I'm not sure how they stack up to the other brands in terms of reliability, just because I hear so little about them. There have been complaints but also people who have liked theirs.

To generalize, Bosch and Electrolux are generally thought of as best for the money by this forum, and Gaggenau is thought of as the best of the best. Wolf used to be thought of as up there with Gaggenau, until we discovered this ongoing porcelain issue.

• Debbi Branka
    9 years ago

Have you looked into BlueStar electric? I hope that's not bad (I haven't seen anything bad about it), because that's what we're planning on (french door electric, specifically).

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

^You haven't seen anything bad about it because there really isn't anything bad or good to see yet, LOL. It's a brand new design. It looks like an awesome oven based on their website. Whether you should buy one depends on whether you are willing to help the manufacturer test their product in the field. It didn't seem that the rollouts of the RNB and Platinum ranges went quite as planned, hopefully this oven will be different. If I were redoing my kitchen, and I had it in the budget, I would probably give it a try. I guess I'm just the "early adopter" type. I like playing around with new stuff like that. So far I've tried 2 unproven appliances, KA steam assist oven and GE Profile french door fridge, I have not regretted either choice. However I am aware the majority of people do NOT enjoy being beta testers so even thought I might take the risk, I could not recommend that anyone buy a product like this so early on unless they are very aware what they are getting into.

• a2gemini
    9 years ago

I have the wolf e series oven. 2 plus years and works fine. So far, no porcelain issues but I know many others report the problem.

I am keeping my fingers crossed as I hope this lasts a long time.

• Not_Sure
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Any opinions on the Miele wall ovens?

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

Their previous ones were great - they had a temperature regulation issue at one point but that was fixed. I haven't heard feedback on the new ones yet, but I'm sure they're excellent as well.