Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AEG microwave and grill combo oven problem

Posted by babyfish00 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 16, 13 at 10:50

Hi all,

I have imported a AEG MCC3881E-M microwave and grill oven to Canada, the unit is stunning. It is rated as 220-240V-50Hz-3400W and is hard wired to the power. Problem is the grill and bake functions are working (food heat up) but not the microwave function. When using the microwave function, the interior light, fan and turntable is working, just the food isn't heat up at all.

My question is will this because the unit is defective or my electrician forgot something in the wiring? Any thought? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AEG microwave and grill combo oven problem

That's European, right? Their appliances use 60 cycles, not the North American 50 cycles. Likely either the control circuit or magnatron for the MW is sensitive to the difference and will not work at all, and any timers or other controls that are working will not be accurate. IS the unit CSA approved? If not, you're running a big risk putting it into your home. If you have a fire caused by it, it's likely that your insurance company would deny the claim.

o
RE: AEG microwave and grill combo oven problem

That's right, the unit is from Europe, but it is rated as 50Hz at the back of the unit while we have 60Hz in Canada. I'm aware of the CSA and the insurance issues too and am going to get the CSA approval on this particular one installed at my home. but first, I have to make sure the unit is working and worth my time and effort to get it certified.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here