Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pps7_gw

Miele Inspira issues...

pps7
13 years ago

We've moved into our house for 3 weeks and I must say I'm a little dissappointed in our Miele dishwasher. There's no time delay! I could live with that, but it's also not super quiet. It's not terrible but we have an open floor plan and that was priority number 1.

The third and main issue is that it's not cleaning that well. I love the rack configuration, but that means we go 2-3 days between loads. I'm using the normal cycle with cascade powder. And all of my glasses have a film on them! Am I using too much powder? I usually fill up the thing. I reduced the amount of rinse aid dispensed as suggested by the instruction manual. I guess, if I'm going to try to return/exchange it, I need to decide quickly. But I don't want to go down that route if it's a simple fix.

Comments (10)

• lucypwd
    13 years ago

Is it possible that you have a hard water problem? I have a miele upper end DW and the dishes are always clean except when one of the spray arms becomes blocked and even then there is no film. I use cascade complete and fill the powder container 1/2 way - to - nearly full. I have fairly soft water. If you don't have a water issue, perhaps you should have miele double check the install. Also, call miele as they might have a suggestion.
    As far as the noise is concerned, I really can't comment as mine is a more quietly rated machine, (the one just below the La Perla ); it is nearly silent. So quiet in fact that I have never used the delay function. The only thing you hear is the water as it empties and only for a minute.

• cat_mom
    13 years ago

I don't know if too much detergent is causing the film, but do know that you might be using too much of it. You only need to use a small am't in any of these new(er) DW's. They use much less water than their predecessors, so you need to use much less detergent.

Try soaking your glasses in vinegar to see if the film goes away. It should tell you in the manual if you need to use more or less rinse aid, detergent, different water temp/settings to try to eliminate various issues.

A call to Miele tech support might help you figure out the cause/solution.

• antss
    13 years ago

is this a box of the new phosphate free soap??? which cascade?

The noise issue is likely more related to your floorplan and cabinet design than the DW. Sure there are units that are quieter, but not that much in my opinion. They also start costing a lot more money.

• fauguy
    13 years ago

Is it a current Inspira model or an older unit?
    If it's new, then it shouldn't be having these issues.
    I have the Diamante (the model right up from the Inspira) and it is very quiet, but wouldn't say it's 100% silent.
    One of the reason I went with the Diamante (and not the Insira) was that it adds the delay start feature.

I would recommend using the water softener to start off with and use a smaller amount of detergent. You may also want to try the Miele brand detergent tabs (only need to use half at a time) and the Miele rinse aid. I have better experience with those than the Cascade brand.

If you only do one load every 2-3 days, you way want to use the Rinse/Hold once a day just so food doesn't get too dried-on. For washing, you can also try the Pots/Pans cycle, as that washes longer and with hotter water than the Normal cycle, or try the Sani cycle.

I've been very happy with my Diamante in the 5 months that I've owned it. Everything comes out clean using the half of a Miele tab with the Normal wash cycle.

• stingo
    13 years ago

You might want to check with Cascade. In reading some customer reviews of their new soap, it could be related to the soap usage.

http://www.cascadeclean.com/en_US/allinoneactionpowder/readreviews.do

Here is a link that might be useful: Cascade Customer Reviews

• deeageaux
    13 years ago

Why not add the phospate back in and buy a bucket of STTP?

Here is a link that might be useful: Chemistry Store

• fauguy
    13 years ago

Like I said, try the Miele tabs if you can. They work really well, I only have to use half a tab at a time.

• pps7
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I wanted to post a follow-up. I found some cascade complete but still had the same issue. I called Miele and they thought I was using too much detergent and even though I had cut down, some had built up. They suggested running a cycle of pots and pan with a cup of vinegar to clean it out and then to only use 1/2 -1 tbsp of detergent.

That seems to have taken care of the issue.

I still wish it was quiter but at least it's cleaning my dishes now. The rack arrangement is awesome. I went 4 days between loads last week.

• mousefeathers
    6 years ago

My Miele dishwasher has been a nightmare. I sadly replaced a ten year old perfectly performing Kenmore washer because it was ugly. The Miele is beautiful, but has ruined my dishes and glassware. There is a white film on everything, food remains on 3-4 dishes with every wash, and customer service is useless. I'd love to have my old dishwasher back. I've had dozens of dishwashers in my life and this is the first one that makes dishes dirtier.