Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rcbob

Best Deals?

rcbob
9 years ago

We are in the market of getting all new appliances.

Is there time of year that manufactures will give a "better" deal if you purchase multiple appliances from them??

Also is there one manufacture that tends to offer the better deals for multiple purchases?

Comments (5)

• User
    9 years ago

Package deals always short the user in one or more performance spec. Nobody makes equally good in each category across a whole brand. Focus on what your needs are in each category, and then try to find the best deal in that catgory, regardless of brand. Mixing brands is the only way to get a workable high performing kitchen on a budget. Package deals are for builders who don't care, and cooks who only microwave.

• saeyedoc
    9 years ago

If you can time it so new models are coming out, you can get deals on floor models of the old ones. Just did that with Miele ovens, 30% off.

• julieste
    9 years ago

We also always look for close out models, pieces that are very slightly damaged with scratches, floor models etc. It typically saves us close to 30%, and we have gotten some very, very nice appliances that we probably couldn't have afforded otherwise. But, this route does take more work than just the standard method of buying.

• nerdyshopper
    9 years ago

If you are shopping at online sites, most have a link to find out what deals are available for different brands. If you have a preference choose it and see what you can get when you want it. Then you can either purchase online or go to a local store. They should have the same deals if you ask. Let them know you checked online and they may offer an even better price.

• joc6820
    9 years ago

Contrary to conventional wisdom on this forum, I am a fan of promotion deals. I think they can make a lot of sense, especially for new construction and/or a renovation where you are purchasing most all kitchen appliances. Granted, for serious foodies and gourmet cooks, getting the best of breed for each appliance makes some sense. No one manufacturer makes the "best" of everything. For more every day, pedestrian cooking, this is not a big concern. In my experience, there are very few "bad" appliances. There is bad local service and support for different brands, and this is a much more important consideration in the real world. I did a Thermador promo a few years ago, they were offering 3 year warranties then (don't think that's the case anymore). I recently did a Dacor promo for a new house under construction (3 year warranty on offer, a very big deal). If you can find the features you're looking for from one manufacturer, and you can determine the quality of their local service and support, and they have an attractive promotion, I say go for it.