Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Capital Ranges

Posted by JaneBright17 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 9:39

I was looking for a pro Range this weekend and saw the Capital Sealed burner 48" Range with a griddle and also the 48" Capital open burner Range. I loved the price of the sealed burner at $6400 but the open burner just looks awesome. Can anyone comment on the difference in performance between the two burners- sealed vs. open...? I am a moderately capable chef in the kitchen. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Capital Ranges

I linked to a site of one of the larger Capital dealers in the Northeast.

You can see a lot compare and contrast.

They are open burner proponents but sell the Precision as well. You can't accuse them of favoring a product they sell vs one the don't sell. Because they sell both sealed and open burner Capital ranges.

You can google "gardenweb " + "culinarian" or "open burner" to get a lot of threads with a lot of information on the subject.

Here is a link that might be useful: LINK

o

Simple answer is there is no real comparison in performance between the two. The culinarian is in a completely different league (higher) than its sealed precision siblings, and that is what justifies the much higher price of the cc.

o

Open burners are superior in 2 key ways

1st - because of the airflow of an open burner the flame heads up instead of out the sides at an angle. This translates into more heat into the pot, vs into the room.

2nd - easy service. you can easily open, disassemble and repair an open burner. If you aren't technically inclined this means less hours for a service tech repairing your range

The culinarian is one of the best (american range has a pretty solid open burner option as well) because it has a LOT of burner openings for flame to hit the center of the pot. Excellent heat distribution to the pan and excellent simmer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here