Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hmizia_gw

Refigerator and Freezer: two separate units?

hmizia
10 years ago

Hello GardenWeb users!

I'm researching appliances right now for my new kitchen, and am vacillating between one larger refrigerator/freezer combo, and two separate standing units next to each other. I went to a show room recently and felt that getting two units was cost prohibitive, but after looking at other places, like Sears, I'm feeling a bit more optimistic about it. Either way, I'm hoping to stay around $2,000 and under.

My needs in these units: large veggie storage capacity in the fridge, on top of feeding a family of four with two growing kids (and soon enough, their friends), and the ability to store a tall bottle or two. Large freezer capacity for things like homemade broth, tomato sauce, frozen fruit and veg. I have a chest freezer for large quantities of meat, but would like a shelf in the kitchen freezer for this as well.

So what do you think? Could I get two separate units that stand next to each other for more capacity at the price I want with solid performance, or is a combined unit going to be better? Space for the unit(s) isn't so much of an issue, as the kitchen is still being designed. Thanks for your thoughts and brand recommendations!

Comments (2)