Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have the Zephyr Savona wall range hood?

Posted by marcy96 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 19, 09 at 9:02

I'm looking at buying the Zephyr Savona 30" wall range hood. It's reasonably priced and looks like it has all the features that I would need. Does anyone have this hood and how does it perform? Is it very loud? Thanks for your advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have the Zephyr Savona wall range hood?

Yes, I have it. It looks great and performs it's duty. I also like the 2 halogen lights, which provide ample light over the stove.

However, I have been disappointed with the noise level. When I get done dealing with my lemon stove I'll probably try to figure out anything I can do to make it quieter. On the lowest level (it has 3) it's bearable. Level 2 or 3 forget about hearing anything but wind noise!

o

Prestonbeary - that noise level may or may not be a fault of your hood. Sometimes excessive noise is due to the duct being too narrow, and/or there being a number of bends in the ductwork before it goes outside. Do you know what size is your exhaust duct (is it 8" diameter or greater?), and how many bends it has?

o

Thanks, prestonbeary. I read a couple of online reviews that said it was noisy, which surprised me as I thought Zephyr hoods were supposed to be quiet. I guess I won't know until I install it.
Akchicago - how do I have the hood installed to keep the noise level down? Thanks!

o

I have it. It looks great, performs well, and definitely agree it is very loud (much more so than I expected)! Although I don't know much about the install, it has one turn at most, then straight out about 8 feet to outside.

It met my needs as it didn't have an obnoxious badge, it looks nice in a traditional kitchen, and the price was right.

o
mine is 36'

perhaps still good for reference....

o

Akchicago - I'm not sure how the venting is done.

I believe the unit spec'ed 6" duct and I am unsure of the length of the run of number of turns. I think one turn.

I will need to get up in the attic to double check. This is on my list of thing to get around to sooner or later!

o

4 years later, I'd like to ask the same question. Anyone own the Savona hood? How's it performing? Noise level? Functionality? Would you buy it again??

Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here