Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marcy96

Anyone have the Zephyr Savona wall range hood?

marcy96
14 years ago

I'm looking at buying the Zephyr Savona 30" wall range hood. It's reasonably priced and looks like it has all the features that I would need. Does anyone have this hood and how does it perform? Is it very loud? Thanks for your advice.

Comments (13)

• prestonbeary
    14 years ago

Yes, I have it. It looks great and performs it's duty. I also like the 2 halogen lights, which provide ample light over the stove.

However, I have been disappointed with the noise level. When I get done dealing with my lemon stove I'll probably try to figure out anything I can do to make it quieter. On the lowest level (it has 3) it's bearable. Level 2 or 3 forget about hearing anything but wind noise!

• friedajune
    14 years ago

Prestonbeary - that noise level may or may not be a fault of your hood. Sometimes excessive noise is due to the duct being too narrow, and/or there being a number of bends in the ductwork before it goes outside. Do you know what size is your exhaust duct (is it 8" diameter or greater?), and how many bends it has?

• marcy96
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, prestonbeary. I read a couple of online reviews that said it was noisy, which surprised me as I thought Zephyr hoods were supposed to be quiet. I guess I won't know until I install it.
    Akchicago - how do I have the hood installed to keep the noise level down? Thanks!

• redoingit
    14 years ago

I have it. It looks great, performs well, and definitely agree it is very loud (much more so than I expected)! Although I don't know much about the install, it has one turn at most, then straight out about 8 feet to outside.

It met my needs as it didn't have an obnoxious badge, it looks nice in a traditional kitchen, and the price was right.

• redoingit
    14 years ago

perhaps still good for reference....

• prestonbeary
    14 years ago

Akchicago - I'm not sure how the venting is done.

I believe the unit spec'ed 6" duct and I am unsure of the length of the run of number of turns. I think one turn.

I will need to get up in the attic to double check. This is on my list of thing to get around to sooner or later!

• brickcitylove
    10 years ago

4 years later, I'd like to ask the same question. Anyone own the Savona hood? How's it performing? Noise level? Functionality? Would you buy it again??

Thank you!

• serendipity123
    6 years ago

I just discovered this old thread and would like to contribute my experience with Zephyr. We have owned a Zephyr Savona ZSA-M90S hood, wall-mounted, for about 13 years. It is a beautiful appliance that has performed very well for us. However, the motor is now malfunctioning and we have to find someone to replace it. Zephyr sells parts online, but it has been impossible to get someone to talk to (or a reply to an online contact form I submitted) so that we can get a referral to a Zephyr-authorized appliance repair service in our area. I also contacted the vendor we purchased it from and they could not help with a repair service recommendation in our area. It's turning out to be a very frustrating and puzzling experience........

• Melanie Jones
    5 years ago

Serendipity123 - did you find a resolution for your older hood? Our motor has started making some pretty funny noises and no longer will run on the lowest setting. Would love to find a solution other than junking it :)

• serendipity123
    5 years ago

Hi Melanie - Update:

I received a push button assembly and a capacitor parts from Zephyr. We consulted our electrician (who happened to be on site doing unrelated work), he told us that our existing push button assembly is working fine so that part was not needed. He did install the new capacitor and said that by the sound the unit was making he could tell that electricity is feeding the unit adequately so that's not the issue either. He carefully lifted one of the two grids on the side of the blower and noticed that the blower wheel (sorry for not knowing the proper technical terms) was stuck in place, kind of gummed up, which is probably due to some grease accumulation over the years. He manually prodded the wheel to make it spin freely. He did this to both sides of the blower and the unit started working again. However, we still have the unpleasant screeching noises but have regained use of the hood. We decided to use it sparingly as long as it extracts odors, steam etc until we can replace it (or find someone who restores these types of motors.....not sure how cost effective that route would be though....). Thank you for your question and I hope you find a satisfactory solution!

• dee5921
    4 years ago

I need a Switch Assembly for a Zephyr Savona E30S hood. I spoke with Zephyr and they no longer make this model/part. It is from 2008. The light switch no longer works. Thanks.

• PRO
    Grace Cycles
    last month

Did you ever find the