Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Counter depth fridge??? or Regular?

Posted by hedgehoggy (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 3, 12 at 8:45

We are trying to decide if we should go with a counterdepth fridge or not. Our cabinets (including countertop) will come out to 25 1/2". The regular size fridge will come out to 33 1/8" (including door but not handle) and the counter depth is 28 1/4" (including door but not handle). The door for both models is 5" so am I correct that both fridges would have to stick out 5" anyways due to the door? and if this is so that the regular fridge would only stick out 3" more than the counterdepth fridge?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Counter depth fridge??? or Regular?

I know our old fridge stuck out and looked like crap because our kitchen is so small, it looked like the Big Black Monolith in 2001 A Space Odyssey. I felt like I had to bow and leave an offering to it.
Having said that, while the new fridge does look WAY better it does suffer from some lack of space and especially drawer depth.

When we move from here, hopefully soon our new house will have a larger kitchen if I can at all help it and thus will have a normal size fridge.

We got a 24cu.ft Kenmore Elite which is the Samsung.
It is a very nice fridge, its quiet, well made, has a great water/ice dispenser, nice lighting, all in all a nice fridge. BUT ALL CD fridges suffer a bit because of the depth, which if you do not require much space may not any detractor at all.

o
RE: Counter depth fridge??? or Regular?

You have to go look at the doors and how they swing. Some will let you put them flush to the cabinets. Others have to be beyond the cabinet front in order to swing.

You also need to check to see how far the door has to swing in order to get the drawers out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here