Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
KitchenAid SS Dual Fuel Double Oven Freestanding Range reviews???

Posted by deanab4au (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 24, 11 at 5:27

I'm updating my SMALL kitchen and of course on a budget. The KitchenAid SS Dual Fuel Double oven freestanding range offers everything my hubby and I want. Has anyone had any experience w/ this range? Reviews, anyone?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: KitchenAid SS Dual Fuel Double Oven Freestanding Range review

Did you buy this? do you like it? that is the oven I want, also. Reading a lot of negative reviews here, but Consumer Reports give it a very good rating.

o

Based on the Consumer Reports and some positive reviews I saw, we bit the bullet and bought one. It will be installed April 6th and I'm excited for it to be delivered! We did get a 2 year extended warranty. We normally don't do extended warranties, but thought it was a small price to pay for the increased peace of mind.

I will try to remember to post an update once it is installed.

o

Well i went ahead and ordered mine too. I liked it, and I am excited. We'll get it next week. I guess I won't play in the kitchen when I put it on self clean - LOL. I think it will be exactly what I need. Hope you like yours.

o

Good for you! You will have yours before I have mine...please post a review when you get it installed!

o

Welcome to KitchenAid.
(sarc/off)

Here is a link that might be useful: 30 days or ?

o

Mary and pk - how is the range working? I am purchasing 36 dual fuel KA and would like to know your experience.

Laat - sorry I don't trust that website at all....I love my Audi and it ranks about the same as KA. I'l stick with consumer reports thanks.

o

Hi John,

After cooking on the range for 3 months now, I have to say that I LOVE IT!

I love the look of it and I love having a gas top and electric ovens. We use the smaller oven most of the time and it's quick to preheat. It's such a luxury to have 2 ovens.

o

Are you guys still happy with the oven? We are ordering ours this month!

o

I am also thinking of buying a 36" KA dual fuel with a Griddle. Good reviews on CR magazine but really bad reviews on Gardenweb but mostly from people that don't own one. It would be nice ot hear from the owners. Also what kind of cooking you do. I think that makes a big difference. Most of the bad reviews come from people that prefer the high heat of an open burner. Do you use a WOK on the range?

o

I am going to purchase a Kitchen Aid 48" Dual Fuel Range. Can anyone give more feedback on this range. As some have mentioned in earlier reviews there were very negative comments especially about using the "self clean" feature. I also have concerns about the knobs getting very hot when the oven is on, the vents for the oven blow directly on them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here