Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Potatoes under rotisserie?

Posted by acertain (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 21, 12 at 2:52

We just finished our kitchen (big sigh), so now it's time to play. This weekend, I'm planning to experiment with the rotisserie on my Capital Culinarian. One idea I had was to put a jelly-roll pan at the bottom of the oven with some cubed potatoes while I roasted a stuffed pork loin. Any thoughts on such a plan? Will there be enough heat down there to roast the potatoes? Anybody tried something similar?

Thanks.

Andrew

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potatoes under rotisserie?

I have an ILVE range and they have a series of how to videos on one of them describes what your looking to do.

Have fun..
Mary

Here is a link that might be useful: cooking with an ILVE range using the rotisserie

o

I have a CC and I haven't tried that yet, but I think it's worth a shot. With the broiler, I don't think the bottom is hot enough to get much browning on the potatoes. The ILVE video that Mary linked kind of shows that. If the potatoes need more color, you could broil the potatoes while the pork is resting. You should end up with some fantastic eats.

o

For posterity, I tried this and it was mostly a success. The potatoes not in the shadow of the chicken browned a lot. The ones in the middle not so much; however, after I removed the chicken I turned off the broiler but left the potatoes in there, and the ones in the middle got a little browner.

Though the potatoes browned, they didn't crisp. There was so much liquid that came off the chicken that it inhibited crisping. They still tasted good, but the weren't crispy, even where browned.

Overall, still worth it for an easy side dish.

Andrew

o
Ilve vs Capital Ranges

I have narrowed my serach down for a new range. I am considering either the 40" Ilve or the 36" CC range. Does anyone have an opinion on either range. I am struggling with these 2. I love the rotisserie option on both. Love Ilve temp range 75-500.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here