Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clarabelled

dacor distinctive ag range require hood with 600 cfm?

clarabelled
10 years ago

I just saw a dacor distinctive ag range that looks great and seems to have everything i want. what do people think about dacor? best of all, it comes in lp which is what i need. for a range like this, do i need a hood with 600 cfm? I am trying to figure out what the dacor will require and if i would then need something for mua? (I just learned what this is!). if I bought a ge cafe or similar instead, i assume i could use a hood that had 450 cfm? am i wrong in assuming this? thanks so much for your help. I finally figured out which dw i want (bosch 500, although i just found an 800 version for a similar price) and now need to nail down the range and either microwave or hood.

Comments (8)

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

GE Café has a slightly more powerful cooktop than the Dacor. Ideally, you would want a 600 cmf hood for both. I would check if you have local MUA regulations. If so I would probably go with the maximum allowed. Best by Broan and Modern Aire now have inexpensive MUA solutions. Some hoods have restrictor plates. That could be removed after inspection.

Dacor electric ovens don't have a very good reputation but the AG ranges don't get many reviews. Owners don't comer here to rave nor complain much.

• clarabelled
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for your comments. I haven't found much about dacor, which could be a good thing I guess! Any thoughts on the bosch dual fuel? It is cheaper than dacor and ge cafe but seems like people hate the knobs. Dacor knobs are stainless. Any recos on a not too pricey 600 cfm hood?

Thanks again!

• clarabelled
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Deeageaux,
    I've been reading lots of posts and see that you have lots of info that you've shared. That said, I'm wondering if you think there is another all gas range I should consider, keeping in min that 3k is already pushing it for me budget wise. i certainly care about looks, but function and reliability are also important. An lp range would be ideal instead of one I have to convert. Also curious if you know of any hoods? I never knew how complicated this would be! It makes me terrified to make the wrong choice and end up with a lemon. Also wondering if most of the models are counter depth or do I need to make sure the depth works for my 30 inch wide, 25.5 deep spot?
    Thanks again!

• jellytoast
    10 years ago

There have been some recent posts here giving good reviews on Dacor all-gas ranges.

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

American Range Performer Series ARROB430L

In link $3134.05 delivered to your door.

Comes in LP not a conversion.

Just need to specify LP not NG.

Powerful very even heat burners with one simmer burner.

Large double convection oven.

All ranges are designed to go into 25.5" deep space in cabinet run.

Hood brands? I like Kobe and XO.

Excluding super premium hoods, the ideal size you want is 36" wide and 24" deep. Depth being more important that width. Those 20-22" deep hoods don't really cover the smoke and grease rising from the front burners.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Range

• subonim
    10 years ago

Deeageaux, you just totally burst my bubble. The past three days I've been narrowing down my rangehood selection and I was feeling really good about the Kobe under cabinet CH-191SQB-1. Powerful, quiet, newer LED lighting, looks are ok although wife prefers a more classic pro-canopy look versus the sleeker slightly more modern look of that particular Kobe.

Then I read you post above regarding depth. I quickly check and lo and behold, every Kobe ( I looked at 6-7 models, every under cabinet and even several wall mounts that can be under cabinet as well) is only 22" depth. Is this a deal breaker? It seems like a critical thing to me as the most powerful and frequently used burners are on the front.

My cooktop with be a 36" 6 burner rangetop, brand not 100% decided but likely Bluestar.

I'll have to go back to the drawing board on this selection I guess.

• deeageaux
    10 years ago

Kobe CH00 Series CH0036SQB1

and

Kobe CH00 Series CH0042SQB1

Are under cabinet and 24" deep.

I have a 36" Culinarian range with a 42" x 24" deep hood in a galley kitchen. I absolutely would not want a shallower hood. If I had a big open kitchen I would have gone with a 42" x 27" hood.

• subonim
    10 years ago

Ah of course, the one unit I didn't check. Thanks for pointing that out.