Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Built-in Thermador refrigerator help needed

Posted by sjhockeyfan (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 23, 13 at 0:27

http://www.thermador.com/refrigeration/bottom-freezer-refrigerators/t30ib800sp-30-inch-builtin-bottomfreezer

We are getting the above refrigerator (right-side hinge). It will be paneled. The problem is there is a short wall next to the fridge that extends about 6" more than the cabinetry. I would be very appreciative if someone who understands these things could tell me how far I'd have to move the refrigerator to the left (and therefore how much filler between the fridge and the wall) for the fridge door to fully open (115 degrees). Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Built-in Thermador refrigerator help needed

Sj hockey - the hinge for Thermador freedom series is supposed to be similar to Miele fully integrated fridge hinges. If you go to a appliance store like university electric in Santa Clara, you can see it installed in person. The hinge pushes out and then swings.

o

Down load the Thermador design guide and it will have all those dimensions you need

Here is a link that might be useful: Thermador Refrigeration Design Guide

o

Well, we went to see the refrigerator today (thank goodness I knew there was a local store that had one on display) and were able to work it out. It turns out the door only needs to open 90 degrees and you can fully open the drawers and remove them for cleaning. That problem is solved. Now turning attention to oven/cooktop problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here