Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shannonaz

Dumb to buy Bertazzoni induction?

shannonaz
11 years ago

I am struggling with which induction cooktop to buy. For the last 6 years I have had a 30" Kenmore induction with the largest hob in the lower right and all the controls along the bottom. I want to move up to the 36" I use large pots; my All-Clad 6 quart saute gets a lot of use. My Kenmore has never need a repair and has met my needs well. I do not enjoy the touch controls. They aren't as intuitive and responsive as knobs. I am not sure if the newer touch controls are better. I am short and I all the 36" induction cooktops seem to have the large hob in the back. Many have you reaching over the controls to use the pot. I want the pot closer to me!

The current contenders are:

Thermadore silver finish (counters will be white and DH loves it)

Miele: I like the lack of trim and hob layout is okay

Bertazzoni with the knobs!! I not only like the fact that it uses knobs but that those knobs are in a row across the bottom making a pan centered on the large center hob closer to me.

People other than DH and I routinely cook in our kitchen (both our mother's and babysitters) and knobs seem more intuitive...

AJ Madison sells the Bertazzoni. My appliance dealer had a Bertazzoni wall oven on display so it appears that they carry the brand. We live in a huge metro area so getting service is likely as good as it could be. My induction cooktop is the only appliance I have that hasn't needed service...

Would I be nuts to just go with the Bertazzoni? I tend to be decisive but I obviously have misgivings about the Bertazzoni :)

Comments (5)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler