Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
allyphilly

Elextrolux wall oven as undercounter?

AllyPhilly
11 years ago

Thanks to everyone's rave reviews here, I chose the Electrolux 30" wall oven (EW30EW55GS) to be mounted under a Wolf 30" range. My architect is convinced that this cannot and should not happen, for three reasons:

1. The shape of the Electrolux oven would not accommodate the Wolf cooktop; (This is not clear to me from the spec sheets, nor will an Electrolux rep say definitively one way or the other.)

2. More generally, she's encouraging me to use the same brand for cooktop + oven;

3. The slightly bowed shape of the Electrolux oven door results in a 1 15/16" projection of the top instrument panel and door from the cabinet face front. With a 1" standard counter overhang, this means an additional 15/16" that the oven will project in front of the counter edge. Architect is worried this will both look funny and be annoying when cooktop spills fall on the top edge of the panel trim.

Thoughts? I really want to make this combo work. If I have to give up on the Wolf cookstop, can anyone speak to a successful installation of Elux wall oven _ Elux cooktop together?

Thanks! Ally in Philly...

Comments (2)