Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Elextrolux wall oven as undercounter?

Posted by AllyPhilly (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 23:59

Thanks to everyone's rave reviews here, I chose the Electrolux 30" wall oven (EW30EW55GS) to be mounted under a Wolf 30" range. My architect is convinced that this cannot and should not happen, for three reasons:

1. The shape of the Electrolux oven would not accommodate the Wolf cooktop; (This is not clear to me from the spec sheets, nor will an Electrolux rep say definitively one way or the other.)
2. More generally, she's encouraging me to use the same brand for cooktop + oven;
3. The slightly bowed shape of the Electrolux oven door results in a 1 15/16" projection of the top instrument panel and door from the cabinet face front. With a 1" standard counter overhang, this means an additional 15/16" that the oven will project in front of the counter edge. Architect is worried this will both look funny and be annoying when cooktop spills fall on the top edge of the panel trim.

Thoughts? I really want to make this combo work. If I have to give up on the Wolf cookstop, can anyone speak to a successful installation of Elux wall oven _ Elux cooktop together?

Thanks! Ally in Philly...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Elextrolux wall oven as undercounter?

I was going to do this (other brands), but I tried some in the appliance store. Mounting a separate oven under a cooktop made the oven even lower than one in a range, which was just too low for my wife's bad back. This may not be a concern for you (and would not if it were just me).

If you decide to go with Elux + Elux, I suggest that you consider the induction range EW30IS65JS.

o
RE: Elextrolux wall oven as undercounter?

If you have room, there is the possibility of not installing the oven and cooktop together, one above the other. That way you would also have more options when it comes to replacement appliance choices later.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here