Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Seeking 15" undercounter icemaker that produces cubes--impossible

Posted by nf85 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 12, 13 at 23:22

Hi there,
I'm looking for an ice maker that produces actual cubes, not nuggets or crescents, and that can fit in a very small space, only 15" or so wide and not more than 24" deep. Does such an animal exist? I've had real trouble finding any that produce cubes, apart from size. Then I thought maybe we should just make our own--but how to store when we have a big party? Any help much appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Seeking 15" undercounter icemaker that produces cubes--imposs

I think only countertop and large commercial ice machines make cubes.

Hoshizaki makes an undercounter 15" ice machine that makes top hat type ice. It is hard clear ice and has a slow melt time to not water down drinks and does not stick together or against the side of the glass.

IMO Hoshizaki makes the most reliable and durable residential ice machines. Although a Japanese company these are made in Georgia.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here