Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
housefamous

BlueStar Manuals and Installation Guides

housefamous
15 years ago

Hello, are manuals and installation guides for BlueStar equipment available anywhere online (like they are for Wolf and some other manufacturers)? All I could find on the BlueStar website is a two-page spec sheet. I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the 30" RNB range, but I'd really like to read the documentation beforehand, so that I can prepare for any issues regarding installation, requirements, etc. I will see if BlueStar is willing to send me copies if I can't otherwise download them. I don't have a BlueStar retailer near me.

Thanks,

housefamous

Comments (4)

• deegeegirl
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

They're on the pull down menu under FAQs. Not easy to find initially, since they're not on the product page.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bluestar manuals online

• housefamous
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Aha! Many thanks, deegeegirl.

• peter-a
    15 years ago

Greetings Housefamous:

I have just installed our new BlueStar 30 inch range (the $1,999 stove from Costco), and I'd be pleased to share my learnings with you.

1. The stove is incredibly heavy at nearly 400 pounds. However it comes mounted on a wooden pallet, and can be skidded into position. My 17-year old son and I managed to get the unit from the back of our minivan (it had been loaded on its side into our minivan by Costco), out onto our front drive, up through the front door and into our kitchen, mainly by sliding it on two pieces of OSB panel board. We skidded it along, one foot at a time, alternating sides, each of us lying flat on the ground for traction!

2. We discovered the range feet within the oven. And there we also found the installation instructions (though they are not exactly comprehensive). And a gas-pipe connection set.

3. To get the stove OFF the pallet, we discovered that it merely rests on the pallet at the back, but is screwed down at the front. Unscrew the kickplate at the bottom front of the stove, and then unscrew the two steel screws that attach to the pallet. We found an easy way to take the stove off the pallet. First, install the "feet" on one side only (which includes sliding the stove back slightly to get access to the front foot location), and then slide the stove off the pallet sideways until you can lower the two feet to the floor. Then install the other two feet, lift the stove to release the pallet, then lower the stove to the floor.

4. The installation kit provided with the unit contained almost all the fittings that we needed to install to the gas main. It even contains a sachet of pipe-thread compound and leak-detection solution! We were replacing an old gas stove, so we already had a gas supply in the right place. I picked up from Home Depot a new stop-cock and a 0.5 inch diameter female to female coupler, and the gas connection then took me 30 careful minutes. (I would not consider installing a new gas supply to the kitchen, but if a supply point has already been installed, the connection to the stove is straightforward, provided you do some research about gas connections.)

The range-back had us puzzled for a few minutes, because the installation instructions are unclear. But we found that there was really only one possible fit, and six screws later it was solid. Two screws left over, but we couldn't find anywhere to stick them.

5. We peeled all the protective film off the stove.

6. We slid the stove the final three feet into position, and turned on the burners. Click, click, click for 10 seconds while the internal piping filled with gas, and the lovely blue flames appeared.

7. We carried out the proscribed oven preparation. Just a few drops of machine oil can be incredibly stinky. I thought that my wife was going to ban the new range forever. If I was going to do this again, I would open the doors and windows, and ban the family from the house for a couple of hours.

I am delighted with the stove, by the way. It replaces a fancy Kitchenaid Superba range with all the bells and whistles, but which has never worked properly. The new BlueStar is a simple unit. It has no digital display, no clock, no touch-sensitive control pad. It is easy and straightforward to operate, and so far it seems to do a good job. The burners are MUCH hotter than our Kitchenaid, so I need to hover nearby until I have learned how to use it.

• housefamous
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, peter-a, for taking the time to write this. I appreciate it.