Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electric ovens recommended?

Posted by diab123 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 22, 12 at 22:30

Remodeling! Please send info on electric convection wall ovens (Brand and Model please) that you love ...and why!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electric ovens recommended?

If you scroll down you will find this.
Ranking Ovens
There is also a search function at the bottom of the appliance page to find more threads.

o

My 500 series Bosch 27" single wall oven was installed last October. Criteria most important to me were oven reliability and having an accurate, even oven temperature. The interior dimensions are quite large for an oven of this size. PROS: (1)construction seems solid & well made, (2) very quiet fan (3) accurate, even baking, (4) does not seem to put too much heat into the kitchen (5) extremely easy to operate with two large knobs to turn, (6) racks glide out easily (7) very bright oven light, (8) convetion is easy to use, just reduce the usual temperature by 25 degrees, and (9) the stainless does not show fingerprints easily. CONS: (1) If you have the oven light on and open the door, when you close it, the light automatically goes off. Therefore, you're having to turn that oven light back on each time you check on something in the oven, (2) oven knobs are made of plastic, (3) If you want ball bearing racks, they must be ordered extra. Just as an aside, if you want an item to brown, it must be baked on convection in this oven. Would I choose this oven again? -- Most definately.

o

Elux 30" double convection wall oven, non-icon with wavetouch controls.

Why - Lots of features, reliable, 4 easy glide racks

It is true that two single ovens will have fewer problems than a double. Some people like a single convection and a speed oven.

Ranking Ovens thread that wekick referenced has a lot of info.

o

Advantium 240 and Wolf E series
Although I ogles the Elux Icon with those gliding racks!

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here