Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Refrigerator Panels $1700?

Posted by portconway (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 29, 14 at 22:00

We are working on our kitchen design and have already purchased our appliances. They are paid for, but not delivered yet. We chose a paneled refrigerator by Thermador. I learned today from the cabinet maker that my panels for my refrigerator are going to run $1781 (3 panel doors for french door frig with freezer on bottom.) The panels are almost as expensive as the frige!

I was told it was because the Thermador Doors and made to be fully integrated which is a more complex refrigerator door. Is this true or just an excuse for being gouged? Anyone with experience on fully integrated paneled refrigerator doors?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Refrigerator Panels $1700?

You are not being gouged ,

and Thermador Freedom French door fridges cost $7000 !

Each of those panels are going to take 40 min to an hour EACH to install on the fridge too.

o

DELETED

This post was edited by hvtech42 on Sat, Aug 30, 14 at 14:45

o

We have a Thermador single door paneled fridge. I can't access the information right now, but might be able to later today (the cost of the panels themselves). I will tell you that the doors are quite complicated to install, and it took our very good contractor at least a half-day to get them done. Still glad we did it - they look great!

o

We installed a SubZero in our previous home in early 2008. We paid $1000 for all of the panels (we had a 736 series, so 1 large 36" panel for the refrigerator and 2 smaller, rectangular shaped panels for the 2 freezer sections). It was a spec house we bought, so the local custom cabinet company that builder used made the panels to match (the cabinets were dark stain - no special glaze, etc.). This house was on the gulf coast of AL and the cabinet company was from Gulfport, MS - I'm sure prices would probably be different in other parts of the country. The $1000 did not include installation - we paid someone else install.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here