Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Appliance questions

Posted by dreamhouseproject (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 30, 12 at 21:57

Hi,
We are doing a major remodeling project. The kitchen appliances we are considering are new to us and I am having trouble finding reviews. We are thinking about the thermador line
30" refrig. column T30IR800SP
18" freezer column T18IF800SP
30" double oven ME302JS
36" gas range top PCG366G
also Sharp microwave drawer KB652PS
Any info you have would be appreciated. We are also looking for opinions on the colums vs. a side by side built in - your advice would be helpful
thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Appliance questions

Hi there - I've learned that you will get more responses if your subject line is specific. And search the forums first - there is lots of information already about Thermador

o

Pay especial attention to the thread where it talks about Thermador stealing Julia Child's image to pseudo endorse their products. I wouldn't purchase Thermador based on that alone. But since there are plenty of fish in the seas when it comes to pro style products, that's not a hardship at all. Many of them, such as Captital or Blue Star will give you much better performance.

o

Sharp mw drawer is a good choice.

Trying to stay all within one company's brand is a poor strategy from a purchaser's point of view. Each manufacturer is only good for one thing or another. They all rebrand each other's boxes in any case. You won't get enough $ in coupons and discounts to merit staying with one label.

a slender freezer column is a poor design of a freezer. Period.

o

If I was going to do all 1 brand it would be DCS

o

if you haven't seen the 18" freezer column in person, search down a store that has it to see it. I saw the 24" and thought for sure that I only needed the 18". I saw the 18" and decided to buy a Miele fridge only. There was no way I was spending $4k for the 18" column. The door shelves are a joke.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here