Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Panel ready Bosch DW--how to know "special" circumstances?

Posted by mweyandt (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 21:50

Hello all,

There's a diagram with the Bosch 800 Series panel ready 24" DW that says that the panel can be 23 3/8"-23 5/8", or can be 24" depending on "how the cabinets are attached" or something like that. I can't find an explanation for this--what are the special circumstances that let you use a 24" panel? Otherwise I suppose I'll just cut it to 23 5/8"....

Thanks for any clues!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Panel ready Bosch DW--how to know "special" circumstances?

You really need to measure the width of your opening left in your cabinets for the DW. The US standard is 24". Your opening could end up wider. Thus, people generally get a panel that is 24" minus 1/4" or so for clearance (about an 1/8" gap on either side). If you follow the template minimums you will end up with a gap that is too large around the DW panel.

o

We're putting the DW on the end of a row of base cabinets, with a cover panel and fridge on the other side. So I guess we just cut it however we want? We need to order doors well in advance of base cabinet construction.

o

You really need to measure the width of your opening left in your cabinets for the DW.

We did the opposite. We ordered the 23-5/8" panel and then made sure everything around it fit correctly - so it goes refrigerator - T shaped panel to support counter over dishwasher - dishwasher (with 1/8" clearance on each side of the door) - 6" cabinet - sink - trash - cooktop - condiment pullout - filler. The filler was "customized" to fit the remaining space.

Note the panel to hold up the counter over the dishwasher. You need that too - the dishwasher itself can't support a stone counter.

o

We were going to use L brackets mounted to the back wall and the fridge cover panel to hold up the counter. So we have, from L to R:

Fridge, floor-to-ceiling cover panel, DW, sink cabinet, cab...

I'm not able to picture the "t-shaped panel" you used... where does it go? Sounds like you have a similar layout.

o

I don't have a good picture with me, but I'll post one later. The fridge is encased in paneling and has a 3" "frame" all the way around (left, top and right). Next to the fridge but counter-height, there is a 3/4" panel, which "turns the corner" so from front of cabinets to wall, the panel is 3/4", but the front is 1-1/2" (I guess it looks like a filler from the front).

o

Ah, I think I got it from your description. Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here