Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
AGA 6-4 Is it being discontinued????

Posted by Zippity-do-dah (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 31, 12 at 21:42

Oh, This is horrible. We just heard from a distributor that the AGA 6-4 is being discontinued and....worse yet...there are only 6 new AGA 6-4 left in the USA. Someone, please tell me this is not so.

YooHoo, Marthavila, are you out there? I need you. Do you have any name or number we can call to confirm or disaffirm this information?

Anybody else???
Thank you so much

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: AGA 6-4 Is it being discontinued????

Wow, Zip. This is news to me! You might want to try calling Aga Marvel directly at 1-800-223-3900. As a matter of fact, I'm going to call them myself right after the holiday! Let's agree that if either us (or anyone else) finds out anything more substantive, we'll post it here.

o

Lots of brickbats for this model on British forums esp regarding it being a first attempt at an electronic control system. If discontinued, and combine that with a tiny installed American customer base suggests look elsewhere.

o

The news is correct, the AGA 6/4 is discontinued. I tried to get hold of one two weeks ago and was told nobody including AGA has one avaialble.

o

I should have known you would have known, Trevor! So, tell me, as an owner of a 6-4, what does this news mean to me? At 4 years in, I've not needed service on my unit since some early work was done. But, what happens should I need service in the future? What about parts? What happens to the thrill of my writing posts about how much I love my Aga 6-4? LOL

o

Such a disappointment, and not a very auspicious introductory post on the Gardenweb site either. Would've been cheerier for everyone if I began my posting with "have just joined the AGA club with a 6-4" etc.

We recently started the real work on our new home. Demo was completed 1 week ago and concrete for the foundation was poured yesterday. It'll be about another 11 months or more before appliances will be installed. Had my heart set on an Aubergine AGA 6-4.

Marthavila, I've read so many of your posts, you felt like a reliable dear friend. Here you are, the first one to respond. Thank you!

Trevor, thanks for confirming the sad news. Was hoping the salesperson was misinformed.

Laat2, thanks for your logical reasoning for AGA's decision.

Amazingly, GARDENweb is the best place to get honest-to-goodness reviews about appliances...for FREE. Expanded our options from stainless steel to appliances in color to brands not commonly seen on the floors of the average showroom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here