Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oven on Capital Range

Posted by doubles99 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 12, 13 at 21:34

Hello all. New poster here, but have been reading for quite a while. We just had our kitchen redone, and chose the Capital Culinarian range (manual clean). It was recently installed, and I've enjoyed using the cooktop. But for some reason I cannot turn the oven on.....the knob does not turn and does not press in like the burner knobs. Is there some other simultaneous action that I should be doing? Feeling a little foolish that I cannot operate my new appliance! Thanks for any insight.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oven on Capital Range

The burner knobs turn counter-clockwise.

The oven knob turns clockwise rather easily and the green "bake" light turns on right away. This is so you don't turn on the oven by accident.

Have you been trying to turn on the oven turning the knob counter-clockwise?

If not maybe you have an improperly installed oven knob. Need to call Capital to fix under warranty.

o
RE: Oven on Capital Range

Thanks for the tips!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here