Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advantium + 1 wall oven, or 2?

Posted by lmgch (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 21:19

We have been messing around with our preliminary plans and our architect is starting to push for us to meet to nail down construction documents.

I need to get my head straight about ovens.

Right now the plans have an induction cook top and then two wall ovens and an in cabinet microwave

However, I've read so many positive things about the Advantium, that I'd love to consider incorporating. Especially if this can truly replace one of the aforementioned appliances.

So, if you have an Advantium, please answer the following:
1. What exact model do you have?
2. Do you have one or two additional ovens?
3. Do you have a separate microwave, or do you use the Advantium only? (I don't cook in the micro, but do use to reheat daily)
4. Where is your located (wall or in-island)?

Many thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advantium + 1 wall oven, or 2?

My Advantium is a darned good microwave. It's an expensive way to go for a microwave, however, if you don't intend to use it as a speed oven. Microwaves, by their nature, lose power over time, so that also means it'll need to be replaced sooner than a regular oven.

1. Monogram Pro 240

2. One full sized regular oven, one smaller convection-steam combi oven.

3. I use the Advantium as you do your MW, to heat this and that. No other microwave.

4. Mine is on the wall opposite the ovens, at the height it would be if it were sitting on the counter, with a drawer underneath for the rack and trays (and a couple of lids and potholders).

You didn't ask, but I use mine mostly as an MW and convection oven. When I chose it, I did intend to use the speed features more, and I am grateful to have speed when I need it, but various aspects of my lifestyle changed before my kitchen was installed and I just don't need that fast. Given that, I have better ways of cooking most things when I have the time. Speed is fine, but I'm a big fan of low and slow...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here