Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Miele steam oven..... ??????

Posted by Starshopper (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 21:15

I'm interested in this but have never heard about cooking with steam. Also it seems to use programs. The new one looks great
I'm getting a 36" range with a wall oven with a micro ... For my vaca home My current home I built I put in a 48" DCS. LOVE IT!!! But honestly I use the small oven only except for when we entertain n holidays.
Anyway I thought the small Miele would do the trick for me.
Anyone have a steam oven.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Miele steam oven..... ??????

You can google for that, there are tons of threads on here about steam ovens. Just go to google and put in "gardenweb + steamoven" and you will find a lot of things to read.

I have the Wolf Steam Oven and both myself and my DW love it to death, we use it almost every day, way more than we ever used our main oven before our kitchen remodel.

Phil

o

I don't trust Miele products. There are so many complaints concerning http://www.pissedconsumer.com/browse-reviews/electronics-repair.html, read, heard and faced!

o

We absolutely love our Miele steam oven. We've had it for 3 years now and use it every day or two. The Miele is made with quality components and we've had no issues with it- it just works. It's fantastic for veggies and grains (rice, oatmeal, quinoa, etc.), and we've also had good luck with seafood (salmon, shrimp, etc.). The best thing about cooking with a steam oven is that you know your food will come out perfect and you don't have to babysit it- you can work on other things like the main dish or setting the table while it's working.

One downside worth mentioning is that it's more like a cooking pot than an air oven in that you have to clean it after each use. There will be water droplets all over the interior when you're done cooking, and so you'll have to dry it out with a dishcloth during your nightly cleanup.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here