Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jirka09

a questions about re-positioning the gas line for a 30" BS RNB

jirka09
11 years ago

I bought a BS, I bought a range hood.... now for the installation.

How much are you able to move the BS RNB range -- left to right -- once it has been hooked up to the gas? Is there any leeway here at all?

I want to make sure that the range will line up exactly below the hood, and as close to the wall as possible.

A bit of background info:

The range won't be here for another month. In the mean time, I am installing the hood, and adding the necessary electrical lines.

The range and hood are against the wall, with nothing on either side, no counters, or cabinets. So everything must be centered along that wall. According to the spec sheet for the range, the gas line has to be in a specific place, so I will be moving my gas line about 6 inches, or something to that effect. My contractor understands this, and will check to make sure that it can go where we need it to go, before the hood goes up, so that both range and hood are centered on the wall and with each other. The priority is that the range and hood be centered, if they have to shift a couple of inches one way to accommodate a stud, that's OK, as long as they move together...

So I'm wondering how exact we have to be with that gas line, if we are a bit off, it could really ruin things, you know what I mean?

Any input on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Bluestar owners did you have to make adjustments to the placement of your gas lines in order to install your range?

TIA

Jirka

Comments (4)