Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deliverydiva

KitchenAid French Refrigerator

deliverydiva
9 years ago

I went to reset the computer after I installed a new filter. After I pushed the button it shut everything down and everything says off. I can't figure out how to get it back on.

Comments (3)

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

Have you checked the manual? Fridges usually have some sort of keystroke for disabling cooling and you may have hit it by accident. Is there any indication that there is power to the fridge (lit up display for example) or is everything just totally dark?

If you want any more help than that, you need to give a model number. "Kitchenaid French Refrigerator" tells us nothing about your particular unit. Over the years many different french door refrigerators have been sold under the KitchenAid brand.

• dodge59
    9 years ago

Try unplugging the fridge from the power, leave it unplugged for a couple minutes, then plug it back in and see if it comes on.

This does what we call a "Hard Reset".

My Jenn-air, even if you mess with the settings, if it's powered off, it goes back to the factory settings, (which is "Normal Operation")~~~IE like you want it set to use it.

Gary

• hvtech42
    9 years ago

Gary's suggestion is good but I would still try and find the key combination to enable the cooling. My fridge saves whether cooling was on or off in permanent memory, since if you're on a long vacation and have the fridge off, you don't want it coming back on just because there was a power outage. Yours may or may not to the same thing.