Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me choose a new range to replace the Wolf

Posted by hawkster (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 28, 13 at 20:30

After 15 years with my 36" Wolf AG with grill, I'm selling the house and leaving the stove behind (snif). The new place only has room for a 30". Although I have enjoyed the Wolf, nothing is perfect (especially the burner igniters). So, please help me choose a new range. Wolf is a possibility of course. Viking is out. Thermador is a possible. From what I've been reading here, Blue Star is a real contender. But, I'm open to anything. What say you?

PS: about me: I'm an accomplished amateur cook, and do almost all the cooking at home (wife jumps in about four times a year). I like stir fries (the wife not so much); plenty of fish, which will now have to be pan-fried instead of grilled; I bake bread once a week; do pizza once a month or so; sautes of all kinds.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me choose a new range to replace the Wolf

I bought the BS 30 and am quite happy, especially with the full extension rack. One downside is that the broiler is not very big - if you are only broiling smaller items it is okay, but my last oven ( DF ) had an electric element that covered the whole surface of the oven. Also, you will like that the BS had a pretty big oven capacity for a 30 inch. Many others here like Capital, but I have not seen one in person.

o

similar situation here--have 10 year old Wolf with grill. Fully test drove the Culinarian--liked the burners, did a couple of stir frys and burners dwarfed my Wolf. the grill is good, not as hot as my wolf, and the adjustable aspect is a plus. Liked Culinarian oven better. BS door gets hotter than my Wolf, Culinarian oven racks as several posters have noted feel flimsy, no where as tough as the Wolf. Also took a long look at the BS, Culinarian is my choice.

o

Look at LaCanche http://www.frenchranges.com/col_rully.shtml

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here