Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Induction ranges

Posted by Angel51 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 20:16

I am planning to purchase an induction range for my remodeled kitchen. I have looked at several. I like the 2 ovens in the Whirlpool, but like the layout of the cooking areas in the Samsung better. Does anyone have any experience with induction ranges? I'd like your opinion

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Induction ranges

There are several recent threads here on this very topic. While you are waiting for other responses, I 'd suggest you try going out to your preferred search engine to Google, Bing, etc and try a search string like this: "gardenweb + induction + range." Also try "gardenweb + induction + whirlpool + double oven + range."

You also might want to try the same kind of search for the chowhound.com "cookware" site although I not sure I recall any threads that discussed the Whirlpool double oven there,

Now that you've got a reply post in this thread, you may get more responses here.

This post was edited by JWVideo on Sat, Aug 2, 14 at 12:18

o

There is a lot of GWebbers who like the Bosch.
Search for reviews on your choices but realize there are always good and bad reviews for each product.
Welcome to the amazing world of induction!

o

^Huh?

I don't know of anyone on this forum who has a Bosch induction range yet.

Bosch only makes a slide in which will be much more expensive than the Samsung or Whirlpool freestanding ranges you're considering.

This post was edited by hvtech42 on Sun, Aug 3, 14 at 10:55

o

Actually, several posters have the new Bosch slide-in and, apparently, the burner layout is identical or nearly identical to the 30" Bosch 500 or 800 cooktop. I think that a2gemini may have overlooked the "range" in the OP and was thinking of Bosch cooktops which do indeed have something of a fan base here.

o
RE: Induction ranges $2000 budget

The bosch range is way out of my budget. Any feedback on GE, whirlpool, samsung or frigidairs?

o

If you get Whirlpool, be sure to get the one with 2 ovens as it is the only one that does a real self clean. The Whirlpools with only one oven do this low temperature steam cleaning thing which according to reviews isn't very effective. People who have the double oven Whirlpool seem to like it. The other 3 brands you mention get good reviews, but I would shy away from Samsung in general because parts and service can be a pain to get if you need them.

o

I have the Bosch Benchmark induction range. It is a slide in and has a warming drawer. We like it, although it did take time to get used to induction. We did also order a 2nd rack which is yet to be delivered almost 4 months after the range was received.

o

I have the GE PHB920 freestanding range. It's only been a little over a month but so far I am happy with my choice.

Once I internalized the importance of mise en place cooking on induction has been a real pleasure. The induction hobs heat a skillet so fast I can no longer finish chopping while heating the pan.

One of the reasons I chose the GE over the Elux was the temp probe in the oven. It is a very useful feature.

As JWVideo stated, there are several recent threads about choosing induction ranges. You can find some pretty detailed info about the current model GE, Elux and Kenmore for sure, and a little on Samsung in the same price range.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here