Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
best countertop induction under $200

Posted by judo_and_peppers (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 20:02

now that the other thread has told me that I do indeed want to go with induction cook tops, I need to figure out which one to get. if I can find something awesome for under $200 I'd be thrilled.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: best countertop induction under $200

I'm up to four of the nu wave PICs use them every night. So far no problems. I found mine on the goodwill and ebay sites.

o

as in you have 4, or you've gone thru 4?

o

The Restaurant Depot Store has a few brands of 120V units and many in your price range. They also have the expensive 208-240V units. KaTom has some as well, and Cook-Tec 240v units that are probably way out of your range.

Go to your local restaurant supply store and see what they have.

Some of the commercial units have remote (on a wire) controllers which makes them easier to use with your big pots.

o

Cooks Illustrated reviewed these items, but it was in 2010. Their recommendations were Max Burton Induction Cooktop and Viking Portable Induction Cooker, Professional Series. Not sure if these items are even on the market any more, but it wouldn't hurt to take a look at these brands.

o

Judo, sorry that was confusing. I bought two to use at the house. Like them so much bought two more for the cabin. All four still working great!

o

does anyone know anything about Adcraft countertop induction burners? I am looking at the 208v version, as it appears to be good for 3000W as opposed to the 1800W most countertop units offer. and it's basically a turn knob control, instead of all this digital BS and temperature settings that I'll never use. so it really looks like a solid option, given that I need to run the wiring over there anyway. this is gonna be fun.

this seems like a strong contender, minus the fact that I know absolutely nothing about the company that makes it. any feedback?

o

I just bought an Aroma induction burner off of Amazon. Love it. It was under $100. It's 1500 watts. There are only a couple of burners available, on Amazon.ca (Canada).

oops, sorry this won't suit your purposes. You're looking for a commercial type burner. I apologize

This post was edited by jasdip on Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 18:59

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here