Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thermador Steam oven and wall oven

Posted by KiraMonster0423 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 23, 13 at 19:59

We were in the showroom today looking at steam ovens and really liked the Thermador convection/steam oven. I especially liked how much more steam it uses as compared to the Miele. However, I've noticed a lot of people on this board have negative things to say about the brand. I tend to agree with one poster who said that you will find lemons will all the brands. We actually had our wolf 36" all gas unsealed burners replaced under warrenty because the oven door would not seal properly, despite being replaced (the entire door and all the bearings) three times. Since our replacement, it has worked fantastically.

We are also looking for a wall oven. I want a gliding racks (ball bearing), the rotisserie feature, and knobs (I hate electronic control panels and all those fancy cooking features and this seems to not exist expect for in the 30 in Thermador). But we only have 27 inches of space. I do not want to have to redo our entire cabinetry for this oven, so I am wondering if the miele 27in would be a good choice (with me just dealing with no knobs).

Do you all think the miele turbochef (have to get the turbochef to get the gliding racks and rotisserie feature) would be a good choice? Or would the thermador 30 in oven be a good choice? I do prefer the streamlined looked of matching appliances since these will be stacked on top of one another, but cooking performance is the most important feature to me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thermador Steam oven and wall oven

Greetings,

Wonder which steam oven you went with? I'm looking at the Thermador right now, and have the same concerns re. some of the things I've read, although I like the Thermador. Thoughts?

Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here