Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kiramonster0423

Thermador Steam oven and wall oven

KiraMonster0423
10 years ago

We were in the showroom today looking at steam ovens and really liked the Thermador convection/steam oven. I especially liked how much more steam it uses as compared to the Miele. However, I've noticed a lot of people on this board have negative things to say about the brand. I tend to agree with one poster who said that you will find lemons will all the brands. We actually had our wolf 36" all gas unsealed burners replaced under warrenty because the oven door would not seal properly, despite being replaced (the entire door and all the bearings) three times. Since our replacement, it has worked fantastically.

We are also looking for a wall oven. I want a gliding racks (ball bearing), the rotisserie feature, and knobs (I hate electronic control panels and all those fancy cooking features and this seems to not exist expect for in the 30 in Thermador). But we only have 27 inches of space. I do not want to have to redo our entire cabinetry for this oven, so I am wondering if the miele 27in would be a good choice (with me just dealing with no knobs).

Do you all think the miele turbochef (have to get the turbochef to get the gliding racks and rotisserie feature) would be a good choice? Or would the thermador 30 in oven be a good choice? I do prefer the streamlined looked of matching appliances since these will be stacked on top of one another, but cooking performance is the most important feature to me.