Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donsie_gw

Capital Conoisseurian Range

Donsie
11 years ago

I have just ordered a Capital Conoisseurian 48" Range for my kitchen renovation. I decided to go with the Capital dual fuel option, despite the fact that it is new to the market. I am interested in hearing from anyone who has already purchased one and whether they are pleased with their purchase. Is the Moist Roast feature useful, or is it a bit of a show?

Thanks!

Comments (7)

• wekick
    11 years ago

This is an interesting article that might answer your last question.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Food Lab's Top 6 Food Myths : Serious Eats

• User
    6 years ago

Bumping again because I am also considering the Connossiurian DF 48" range

• teachmkt1
    6 years ago

if you search under "Connoisseurian" you should find some threads. There also have been some posts in the last year from those of us that own one. Not sure why but they didn't come up in a search--may have to do with subject line. Easier to reply to specific questions that may have come up in your considerations. There have been enough posts from owners of the range that seem to be on to get some helpful info. While Eurostoves is an effective marketer, Capital isn't (imo).

The DF is relatively new, so some of the posts you may get will be on the AG model which has been out much longer, unfortunately has a gas oven rather than elec.

• User
    6 years ago

Thank you so very much. Do you own the DF Connoisseurian? Specifically I am interested in how loud the range is, what hood you purchased and whether it compares to some of the better known brands. I had never heard of Capital until I came to these boards. Does the door get warm (I have three young children) and how are the ovens with baking? We are vegetarian, so I am not drawn in by the rotisserie, but we bake quite a bit and roast vegetables daily. Is the smaller oven big enough for cookie sheets and do you find that you use it a lot? Thanks so much!

• teachmkt1
    6 years ago

Yes--36" with grill--therefore we have only one oven on the range (Propane). When using the oven a cooling fan for the electronics during use and cool-down. There's an internal set point at which the fan runs, the manual says it's 300F and will run at cool-down to 200F. Both of the convec modes can be heard in the kitchen (true convec which uses its own electric heater and the straight oven fan.) I've read complaints about fan noise, I really don't notice it anymore than noise from other powered kitchen tools or tools in my workshop.

Door is cooler than my prior Wolf; only gets hot when self clean is on or we're running flat out at 550F making pizzas.

I'm not sure what the "it" refers to in your question: the range or the hood, so here's both. Hood is 1200CFM Modern-Aire baffled with heat lamps. 30.5"D X 42"W X 18" H. I went to Eurostoves and cooked on the range as well as checked out the hoods. btw, if this is a high involvement purchase I'd encourage doing that if possible. As fun as informative; Lawson is as helpful as he is unique. Got the range and hood through them. Only other serious choice was BS--good burners but not much else for my cooking style. Owned an AG wolf but for our cooking not a contender. Had VH over the Wolf, from an engineering standpoint VH is an interesting product but wanted baffles this time. My Modern-Aire does need to be cleaned more often than VH. One suggestion if you look at Modern-Aire--it is heavy duty, SS and make sure you get rounded corners on the edges. They're sharp if you're tall. My VH had rolled edges and no problems.

Cooking: Baking and roasting have different modes: a true convec, a delicate bake that distributes heat more evenly and the broiler is temperature controlled such that you can set up a broil-bake function which I use most of the time. I use the moisture bake the same way I used water and ice cubes for baking and roasting. Only use 3/4 sheet pans for bakiing and can't speak to the smaller ovens. Stir fry and pan broiling are excellent with the burner flame configuration and the wok grate. If you do sauces the simmer on the burners is excellent. Bottom line is I wanted this range for cooking and would only replace it with another one.

• User
    6 years ago

Thank you so much for this message. I will definitely go to Eurostoves and am actually waiting to talk to them now. I'm looking forward to seeing the Connosseurian in person!