Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
GE Dishwasher Tilts Back (IS mounted to counter)

Posted by JosephL11 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 19:55

Just bought a GE GDWF400VWW dishwasher for my parents, it is a basic white dishwasher with stainless steel tub. Their kitchen counter is quartz, so the contractors glued a small strip of plywood for the dishwasher to be fastened to. Not only did I fasten the dishwasher to the top, I also popped a screw through one of the side brackets. Every time we open the dishwasher door and slide out a heavy bottom rack, the entire dishwasher tilts backwards. I think there is a lack of friction between the feet and our ceramic tile floor. I'm looking for someone experienced to offer a solution (I could try a million things on my own, but thought I'd ask you folks!)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: GE Dishwasher Tilts Back (IS mounted to counter)

By "backward" do you mean "forward" as toward the floor? If the leveling legs are adjusted correctly the problem has to be with the mounting of the counter top brackets. It sounds like you have some play in the screws, perhaps the wood strip has come loose?

o

Yes sorry, I mean tilts forward like the racks will fall out. The wood strip is glued to the counter and is also screwed into the two cabinets beside. And even then it catches on the front lip of the counter.

o

Do we think the dishwasher height is too high? The white tab where it is screwed into the counter was initially 1/2" above the crease in the white trim.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here