Return to the Appliances Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bosch appliance package or something else?

Posted by purds2006 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 19:46

We are doing a remodeling of our kitchen in a vacation house. We spend two months a year there in the summer, and we do rent it at times. We are thinking about buying a Bosch package because they will be 10% off, but really, we have no expertise in appliance purchasing. Oh, and we're not looking really high end. We like food, but are not big cooks (but would be perhaps with better equipment!)

Here's the money question: will we be upset by going all Bosch? (dishwasher, electric range, French Door fridge)

Thanks for advice...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bosch appliance package or something else?

I remodeled my kitchen this summer and was in sort of the same situation as you: I'm not a gourmet cook but I wanted good but not super expensive, top-of-the-line appliances. I took advantage of a Bosch bundle offer and got a dishwasher/freestanding gas range/microwave. I did buy a Samsung refrigerator because I needed a specific size that Bosch didn't carry. I'm very happy (so far, at least) with all of the Bosch appliances that I purchased and would recommend them to others. If it matters, mine were all "500" series. Saving money was a bonus!
Hope this helps...

o

I went with same Bosch offer last summer and have no regrets. My appliances are the 500 series induction cooktop and wall oven and the 800 series dishwasher. All perform well and seem well made.

o

Thanks. We're trying to decide between the 800 series and the 500 series. Our quote is about $1,000 different between the two sets (FD fridge, Electric Range, DW).

I guess I wonder because many reviews are not crazy about the fridge.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Appliances Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here